Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Making our own game: Tangaroa

This term, we have been learning about Tane Mahuta and the other gods that are associated with it. We had to be in groups and research and write facts about Tane Mahuta and the other gods. After we have researched we had to focus on one god, our group chose Tangaroa (God of the sea). After we chose a god to focus we had to find an environmental issue that links to Tangaroa. We then focused on over-exploitation, after we finished our research. We had to pick either make a game about over-exploitation or make an app about it. I chose to make a game because it found more interesting and maybe a bit more fun to do. There are several apps to make our game in; there was Gamefroot, Code.org and Scratch. I chose to make my game in Gamefroot because I found it easier to use than the other apps.

Reflection:

Before my group and I start to make the game, we made a script as our plan. The plan was to figure out how much fish you will bring back to your village to feed, but still, have enough for the next day. It was supposed to be harder every single level...

Back to when I was making my game I started by making the terrain of it, which took a lot of time since it was my first time and the map was actually pretty big. After I made the terrain I made obstacles around the island. I placed random Maui hooks around the game and coded them so they could be collected. It was pretty simple since I learned how to code them in a tutorial. The task was pretty much to find all the Maui hooks and collect them. Then my problem occurred. I didn't know if it was possible to code it where you can go fishing in the game. Although if it was possible, it might be too hard to code and might take a lot of time.

So I just made it that you had to collect all of the Maui hooks that are on the island. I didn't quite finish the game but I was almost done. Anyways I hope you enjoy the game!

Image result for tangaroa

Things that I could have done better:

  • Time Management
  • Focus
  • No messing around
  • Self Management


Sources:

The gamehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1xlKAG4h4zLmFmC-mMXZcS0SZwTP7HEZr/view?usp=sharing 

Gamefroot: https://make.gamefroot.com/

Research: 




No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about