Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

Poetry!

For the past 7 weeks, we have been working on poetry with Mr. Scott. On this subject, we had to find different types of poetry like; Limerick poem, Haiku poem, Free verse poem, etc. After we found some poems we focused on 3 poems that we can make a poem out of. The choices were; Limerick, Haiku and Free verse poems. Each poem has its own rule, except free verse poems. Anyways this is what each poem mean and what rule they have.

Limerick Poem: A limerick poem is sort of a silly poem. They are often funny or nonsensical. They also often start with the line "There was once a..." or "There was a..." 

Haiku Poem: Haiku is a traditional form of Japanese poetry. Haiku poems consist of 3 lines. The first and the last lines of Haiku have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. The lines rarely rhyme. 

Free Verse Poem: A free verse poem has no rules, it can be whatever you want it to be.

After that, we had to make our own poem we had to use some inspirations to make our poems. Although we only had to make 2, I chose to make a free verse poem because I was able to do anything, but I also found it cool because there were no rules. I also chose to do Haiku because I found it interesting that you had to have 5 syllables at the first and last line, and 7 at the middle line.

So here are the two poems I did and the inspiration I took:
Inspiration:

My poem: Free Verse









Inspiration:













My Poem: Haiku



No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about