Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Fixed Mindset VS Growth Mindset!!


This term in Philosophy we started to learn more about what fixed and growth mindset looks like. Last week Mr.Scott proceeded a secret experiment that he told us after. It was about the reaction and the results that students got when they were told certain things. Four groups were arranged to answer riddles, with one half being to that they were really smart and they could do everything, with the other half being told that they could do it because they worked hard. As expected the ones who were told that they could do it because they worked hard had a significantly higher score and that they did not even try to cheat while the other half, not only did they get lower points but also they tried to cheat. That goes to show, words could change everything.

I think that I have a growth mindset because I always keep trying and always do my best work... But I may have sometimes when I have a fixed mindset. An example at basketball, I always thought that I wasn't good enough and make shots at the hoops. But now I am more confident and I also practiced and practiced to get a new result.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about