Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Hurumanu 7 | Table Tennis & Juggling | P.E.!

For the past few weeks in P.E., we have been doing some coordination practice with table tennis and juggling. We did things such as trying to get 20 rebounds of table tennis with the wall; it means hitting the ball off the wall and hitting it back 20 times. We also tried to do some juggling with hacky-sacks and some scarfs, although we started to do the scarfs first because it was easier since it falls down slower than the hacky-sacks. I had some minor difficulties with the juggling and it took some time before I managed to ger to the hacky-sacks. We also learned how to properly hold the table tennis rackets. It was quite weird at first but I got used to it quite easily.

Table tennis star, 12, 'unfairly' booted from team after coach ...Anyway, we also played some friendly competitions with other people, and we played up to ten points. I think that I only won 1 game out of 6 games. I didn't really do that well and I found that the ball was hitting my fingers a lot, although I had some help and I started hitting the ball with the bat and not with my fingers. Another thing that I found while playing was I had to hit the ball lightly or it would go out off the table. So I had to hit it just enough that it would bounce on the other side of my table.

How to Juggle Five Balls: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
It took me some time to learn but even if I did terribly, I still managed to learn a lot of things about table tennis. It was a good experience trying a different sport other than basketball and I had lots of fun playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about