Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Sensory Language - English

As you know in English we were introduced to creative writing, and that we were given a writing task matrix. This is another one of the six activities that are included in that writing matrix. For this activity, I had to write a short paragraph describing a scene either real or imaginary. However, we had to write as if we were in first person using sensory language that connects to our five senses. Yet, we had to try not to use the words: saw, heard, smelled, tasted, and felt. Anyway, here is the short paragraph that I have made.


The water glistened and shimmered, reflecting the sun’s rays, the waves crashing against the rocks. The salty flavour of the sea travelled through my mouth, as I inhaled the sea’s scent. My feet sensed the warmth and sleekness of the sand below me as It merged with the numbing, chilly seawater.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about