Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spencer Park Trip!

W.A.L.T Write an information report that informs the audience.


Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….
  • I use an opening statement that explains the subject of the report.
  • The opening statement is followed by sentences that describe the event; what you saw, what you did, how you felt, what you learnt.
  • Each paragraph focuses on a different aspect of the topic; travelling, the beach, the lagoon walk, playground.
  • A general statement about the topic usually rounds off the report.

Spencer Park Trip!

Last Friday Ako Ngatahi and the other classes from Hornby Primary School went to Spencer Park to have a trip. This trip we saw some amazing birds and a lot of cobwebs and more.


First had to have a group there were 4 groups, group one, group 2, group 3 and group 4 I got into group 4 then we split out to our groups.


Next we had to go to the bus I sat with Axle and Khush. Then Axle was making jokes and Khush was trying to sleep in the bus.


Then Axle and I made a little prank on Khush, he figured that we should draw on Khush's cheek so he gaved me a green pen and then made me put a dot on Khush’s cheek. But I gave it back to Axle because I didn't want to do it so Axle put a dot on Khush's cheek and then he got a bit angry at us and we were all laughing.
We were suddenly here at Spencer Park! So we had to leave the bus and line up beside the tree and then the teachers did a headcount so they know if we're all lining up. After the headcount we now went to the playground for about 3 minutes.


After 3 minutes we went to the beach and collect some sea treasures like shells, driftwood, feathers and more so our task was to get 1 driftwood and at least 10 shells.


Next we went for a lagoon walk and the path was a little bit bumpy. While we were walking we saw some birds and also some spider webs and there were a lot of them then we heard a Tui up in the tree and he I think he was trying to find food. But unfortunately he didn't show itself and then we were at a bird hideout so we can hide from birds. Then the teachers taught us some facts about birds and I learned something that this birds do big steps so if they don’t they could be stuck at the mud and that’s why they do big steps.


Then it was the time to go out and then the teacher said that “Let’s have a picture” so I sat down at the stairs and then the teachers took pictures of us. Then it was time to go back then we had our lunch there.


After that we had a little time to play and Jullien and I were looking around and we saw some people playing basketball so Aisa, Mikayla, Nature, Sharnania, Jullien and I played with them. They were the South Hornby School, but we won by three pointers.

Lastly it was time to go back so we lined up and they did a headcount then we went back to the bus this time I was sitting with Joshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about