Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Present

W.A.L.T:  Write a narrative



Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….


  • The title is suitable for the text.
  • The orientation tells who the story is about, and when and where the story happened.
  • The complication describes a problem and explains what happened next.
  • The resolution explains how the problem was solved.
  • Seeks feedback and makes changes to texts to improve clarity and meaning.


In Ako Ngatahi we had to write a narrative about a video. It was about a boy opening a present that was a dog with three legs. Here is the video of the present. I hope you enjoy my story.


My Coolest Present
One very sunny day, I was eating my breakfast and it was our holiday so I can play my Xbox 360.When I finished eating my breakfast I hurried to the bathroom and brush my teeth. After, I ran to the living room and played with Xbox.


Suddenly, mum arrived and she was holding a box, she said “Hey sweetie!” and then she opened the curtains, and the sun interrupted my game, so very annoyed. Then she put a box at the table and said “Why don't you go outside after you opened the present that I got for you?” All of a sudden she had a phone call.


I paused the game “Did she say my present? I thought. So I wondered what could be inside it? I was very excited could it be a another Xbox 360 or more Xbox games or could be something else?


I opened the box then a dog at bark at me. I said out loud “Cool!” But when I pick him up, I saw that he has half a leg and I got angry so I threw him at the floor and push the box off the table. I got disappointed to mum, but I still continued playing my Xbox and then he ran to me barked happily, but I said “get lost!”.

Next I felt something at my feet, I looked at it and I saw a red ball. He was staring at me like he want to play a game. I struck the ball to the box that I pushed back then, he went for it he followed that ball then tripped and got stuck to the box. Then he tried to go out the box but he banged himself the drawers. I was thinking if I should help him out, but before that he got himself out of the box. After he got out he looked for the ball it was right beside him. Then he tried to give me the ball back, but he tripped and tripped again. I giggled, I thought he’s really fun and playful so I grabbed the the ball and went outside and played with him and before that I turned off my Xbox and then I told my mum, “Mum we’re going outside!” I was really happy to have a puppy that is disabled like me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice 1 Vann! I really like your blog post about the present. I have some Ideas that you can put no.1 you could put the dog was really clumsy, and funny that's why you felt like playing with the dog or maybe he's just a poor dog wants to play with you because you're the same, keep up the good work Vann!.

    ReplyDelete


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about