Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Athletics Day!

Last week on 2nd of March, we had athletics day. In Athletics day we did lots of sports, we had to choose what side we are going to play in. There were 2 different ones "Social" and "Competitive" I chose competitive, but if you don't know what social and competitive means I will explain it to you. Social means that you still do sports but you are not versing like other people that are really good on that activity, so that you have a chance to get better at that activity or sport. Competitive means that you are versing people that are really good or they really knows how to do that sport or activity. So that what the mean.

But then we had to choose what kind of activity we are going to do. I chose 100m run, 60m run, Discuss, Long Jump and High Jump. I didn't do shotput because it was really hard for me. Then the on Friday, March 2 It was Athletics! We had to wear something that is our house colour. House groups are big groups of student it all different rooms in HHS. There were 4 of them, Lewis (Blue), Shelford- (Green), Setu (Red) and Turner (Yellow) I was with my brother in Turner. 

Then we had our Athletics, my first activity was Long jump, I didn't do that well in Long Jump but I think I came 12th-13th. Next activity was High Jump I think I did good in high jump with the place of 6th or 7th. But I got really scared because It was getting really high and I might get an injury but I kept going. Afterwards we waited a really long time to do the 100m run, and I was a bit worried that I might trip on the start so I removed my shoes and socks. But it also helps my feet to get lighter and not heavier.  I was also scared because the sport teacher had a small gun with paper as it bullet and it was really loud. I also versus-ed really fast people but in the end I came 4th. But then I got really weak and felt like I was melting so I went to my brother and grabbed my credit card and brought an "Ice Cream" on the Tuck shop but I din't notice that the 60m run was starting so I was too late. But then we had to wait a lot more time to play discuss so I noticed that the E-Sports meeting was now so I went. After that I saw my friend playing basketball and also my brother and his friends. So I played with them. Next my friend and I didn't notice the time but the discuss has finished. So it was a really bad disaster for me, but I felt fine because playing basketball made me so tired... So that's how my Athletics day went, I will also put a picture here for you to look at.. But I hope you enjoy! Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about